The newly updated Basic Course offers more hands-on excercise, new recipes and state of art technology to enrich your learning experience!
After the Basic Course you will have a solid knowledge of Italian artisan gelato and you will be able to: understand ingredients and different production methods, produce gelato, sorbet and stick gelato, plan your investments, compare retail strategies, respect hygiene criteria in the laboratory.
Who is it addressed to?
This course is catered for aspiring gelato entrepreneurs who wants to take a first step to learn how to produce high quality authentic Italian gelato.
30 hours of theory
10 hours of hands-on practice
• Gelato: what is it?
• Raw materials
• Production method
• Gelato mix
• Sorbets – cold method
• Production Cycle
• History of gelato / Guided tour to Gelato Museum
• Hygiene standards in the laboratory
• Gelato with inclusions and variegations
• Milk-based fruit flavors
• Soft gelato
• Stick gelato
• Business Planning and retail concepts
Hands-on practice everyday in groups of three students on a dedicated workstation with latest technology machineries.
The course lasts 5 days. It starts at 9.00 am and ends in the evening at 5.00 pm, with a 1h lunch break.*
• At the end of the class you will receive a coupon worth Eur 900 off the price of a Carpigiani gelato machine for a purchase of at least 13.000 EUR net
• Issued by Carpigiani Gelato University, Certificate of participation is granted for those who attend at least 80% of the course and pass the final exam.
* The dates of courses can be modified if it is not reached the minimum number of students required