How can I create my “white base” from scratch? What do I have to do to manage all the gelato flavors in the showcase in order to have the same smooth texture? How do I correct defects of my gelatos which appear during the conservation? Is it possible to create my recipes having more control over the sweetness and the mouth-feel temperature? How can I make my own recipes of toppings and sauces for enriched flavors?
The Superior gelato course will answer all these questions!
At the end of this course you will be able to balance a recipe targeting specifically its sweetness, structure and temperature. You will be able to create and personalize your base mixes and toppings. You will have acquired specific knowledge on flavours with chocolate and local desserts.
It is requested to have the knowledge of reverse balancing method, Sweetening Power and Anti-Freezing Power or have completed the Advanced Gelato Course.
• Base mix reverse balancing
• Development of personalized base mixes
• Development of personalized sugar syrups
• Balancing techniques of toppings, sauces, garnish and glazes
• Monitoring and analysis of gelato during conservation
• How to correct defects of gelato
• Recipe development of local specialties – how to turn desserts into gelato recipes
• Final exam
The course lasts 5 days. It starts at 9.00 am and ends in the evening at 5.00 pm, with a 1h lunch break.*
The certificate of completion of the course is handed to the students who attend at least 80% of classes and pass the final exam.
* the dates of courses can be modified if it is not reached the minimum number of students requested