After stops in Colorado and California, Gelato Festival America is set to make their Arizona debut in Scottsdale and Tucson.
The Gelato Festival will be held at Kierland Commons in Scottsdale, from Friday, Oct. 27, 2pm-8pm, Saturday, Oct. 28, 12pm-8pm - Sunday Oct. 29, 12pm-7pm (Award Ceremony at 7pm) and at La Encantada in Tucson from Friday, Nov. 3 until Sunday Nov. 5 at the same times.
With support from SIGEP and Carpigiani, Gelato Festival America welcomes gelato artisans from around the world to compete with their flavors created especially for the Festival.
The winning flavor will be chosen by two panels: technical experts and members of the general public taking part in the Festival, each accounting for 50% of the vote.
Here's a list of the first 13 competitors selected with their flavors for the Gelato Festival in Arizona: (selections are still ongoing)
1. Jökulhlaup by Peter Miller, Tazzina di Gelato, Tucson, AZ.
2. Il Siciliano by Ezequiel Gomez, Gelato Gourmet, Weston, FL.
3. Toasted Coconut Crème Brulée by Nazario Melchionda, Frost, A Gelato Shoppe, Tucson, AZ.
4. Fior d'Arancia by Eugenia Sardelli, Gelateria Sardelli – Il Mio Gelato, Tuscany, Italy.
5. Pecan & Piloncillo with Candied Chicharron by Joel Gonzalez, Tio Frio, Phoenix, AZ.
6. Bubblegum & Lemon Gelato by Juliann 'Jules' Stoddart, Parkside Projects, Austin, TX.
7. Stupify by Walter Bergamaschi, Gelato Dolce Vita, Mesa, AZ.
8. Crème De La Bakláva by Akash Vaghela, Crème Glacée UK, London UK.
9. Strawberry Beet by Alan Gwinner, Austin Gelato Company, LLC, Austin, TX.
10. Spicy Chocolate by Emilio Palici, Gelato Maestro, Portland, OR.
11. Chocolate with crispy Hazelnut ganache & Toasted Marshmallows by Kelly Chu, Cirsea Craft Ice Cream, Charleston, SC.
12. Vegan Coco Crisp by Gonzalo Chiririnos, Calypso Delicious, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
13. Venezuelan Cacao with a Twist by Isabela von Wachter, Ann Arbor, MI.
Everyone in attendance will be able to taste all the gelato and cast their vote for their favorite flavor. There will also be unique flavors (that do include dairy and are not all fat free) by PreGel America and WhyGelato.com, authentic flavors by Carpigiani Gelato University and gastronomic sorbet by Sogno Toscano for everyone to sample. The Festival not only features fresh daily made and tasty gelato, but includes educational opportunities, activities and contests for all ages, like the ‘Kids Jury’, the ‘Gelato Eating Contest’, ‘Speed Cup’ by Isa, ‘Stack it High’ by PreGel and many more.
A ticket to the festival is all-inclusive:
· Entry to the festival (One day per ticket)
· One sample of each competing flavor
· One sample of each flavor provided by partners
· Admission to Gelato Classroom
· Participation in all contests and activities
· Voting for your favorite competing flavor
Tickets are available online with discounts up to 20% in advance. For more details and to purchase tickets, visit http://www.gelatofestivalamerica.com/ticket
About Gelato Festival
Since 2010, Gelato Festival has had eight editions with more than 2,000 artisans competing in 60 Festivals all over Europe and has traveled over 32,000 km.
Strategic Partners: Carpigiani – carpigiani.com/us, Sigep – Italian Exhibition Group - sigep.it, Main Sponsor: PreGel America - pregelamerica.com, WhyGelato.com, Official Technical Sponsor: ISA - Isaitaly.com. Packaging Sponsors: Gelato Supply - gelatosupply.com, Partner: Sogno Toscano – sognotoscano.com, Media Partner: iHeart Media