THE EXPECTATIONS ARE MORE THAN HIGH, IF YOU THINK THAT IN ROME (THE CHALLENGE FIRST STOP) THE GELATO PRODUCTION WAS DUBLED BECAUSE OF THE LONG QUEUES AT THE ARTISANS? STALLS (EVERY DAY EACH GELATIERE PARTECIPATING PRODUCED MORE THAN 100 KG OF GELATO). THE SWEETEST CHALLENGE WILL CONTINUE IN MELBOURNE (OCTOBER, 25TH-27TH), DUBAI, SAN PAULO, SHANGHAI, AUSTIN AND BERLIN. 10% OF PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITY.
The 16 artisans that will compete in the Spanish stop of the “Gelato World Tour” have been selected. Valencia will be the next Artisanal Gelato capital (July, 5th-7th, Playa de la Malvarrosa, Paseo Maritimo 13). The institutional partners of the event, organized by Carpigiani Gelato University and Sigep in collaboration with IFI and MEC3, will be the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affair, AHNCEA (Spanish Association of Artisan Gelatieri) and Valencia City Council (Trade and Production Activities Department) and Pastry Revolution will be the Communication partner.
The expectations are more than high, considering the huge participation during the first stop of the Gelato World Tour in Rome. The objective: transmit to a global public the culture of this fresh, high-quality food that represents the excellence and creativity of thousands of gelato artisans.
Following is the list of 16 artisans that will compete in Valencia (choosen by the Events’ Presidents of the Technical Jury) and their flavors:
- Mario Caruso y Belén Pallarès, Livanti Gelato di Sicilia | SABOR: Magna Grecia
- Javier Das Alonso, La Golosa Helados Artesanos | SABOR: Helado Clásico de Mantecado
- Marco Di Consiglio, Gelaaati di Marco | SABOR: El Milanés
- Carlos Enríquez Sánchez y Juan Enríquez Sánchez, Iceberg | SABOR: Sorbete de naranja de Soller con hierba buena y cardamomo
- Andrea Foschi, Fresca Passione | SABOR: Cartago
- José Luis García Rico, La Ibense | SABOR: Helado de Gazpacho
- Cesar Gimenez Ferrero, Arlequino | SABOR: Helado de Galleta María
- Freya Lo Giudice, Sani Sapori | SABOR: Crema antigua al Baobab
- Isabel López Dominguez, 29 Palmeras | SABOR: Mil Hojas
- Maurizio Melani, Véneta Gelato Italiano | SABOR: Galleta de la Abuela
- Juan Ignacio Paredes Urruti, Heladeria Livorno | SABOR: Sorbete de mora con limón
- Antonino Parilla Villar, Heladeria Bolas Heladeria Villar | SABOR: Helado Chocolate y Lejano Oriente
- Jesús Manuel Valdés López, Diego Verdú Monerris | SABOR: Helado de turrón de Jijona Don Diego
- Juan Carlos Verdú Ojeda, Helados Verdú | SABOR: Chocolate
- Alvaro Verdú Palú, Helados Gelart | SABOR: Calabaza Trufada
- Cesare Zaccariello, Al Settimo Gelo | SABOR: Chocolate al perfume de canela
More information about the first stop of the Gelato World Tour in Rome (May, 3rd-5th):
More than 130,000 people attended the 1st stop of the Gelato World Tour in Rome, May 3rd-5th. Our gelato chefs produced about 5,700 kg of gelato, which was served from in the 19 refrigerated displays of IFI. Every display was from the newest and most innovative line of IFI products. Medac offered 95,000 cups and Cono Roma gave 30 thousand mini-cones of gelato to the children from the schools of Rome and the province. The Centrale del Latte of Roma supplied the gelato chefs with 3,400 litres of milk, necessary to produce the gelato. Italia Zuccheri supplied the sugar and over 600 kg were used. The high quality of the Gelato World Tour flavours was guaranteed by the use of 1,200 kg of MEC3 ingredients, which supplied the gelato chefs with everything they needed: bases, high quality pastes (such as pistachio and hazelnut), mixers, toppings, nuts and decorations. The MEC3 staff helped us enjoy all of their specialties, in particular Cookies&Co., Quella®, Quell’altra© and i Cremini, and last but not least, the flavour trend of 2013: Hello Kitty. 100 giant cone awards made of fibreglass and resin were supplied by Screams, the leading company in the production of gelato shop displays, booths and accessories.
Rome remains gelato capital of the world, doubling production due to the long lines (more than 100 kg of gelato were produced every day by each of the 16 competing artisans). Next stop: Valencia (5th -7th July 2013) followed by Melbourne (25th-27th October) Dubai, San Paulo, Shanghai, Austin and Berlin. 40 gelato artisans will compete at the Grand Finali in Rimini in September 2014, battling for the title of World’s Best Gelato Artisan.
It is possible to follow the stages of the Gelato World Tour by visiting the website www.gelatoworldtour.com, as well as the pages created in Facebook and Twitter, already fanned and followed by hundreds of people.