When an individual gelato shop expands into a chain, the approach to the production system, logistics and retail management must change completely.
Discover how Carpigiani Gelato University envisions the system, studied in collaboration with a leading expert of operations management.
Illustrate Carpigiani Gelato University way to transform an entrepreneurial reality into an artisan chain by exploring a business model that takes into account several parameters: the production flows and product distribution, the quality control method, the economic accounts and the communication through the design and human resources.
Who is it addressed to?
The workshop is addressed to gelato artisans who has a successful business and would like to expand it by opening more stores and who is considering an investment in the gelato sector dedicated to the creation of a mini chain of stores. The workshop is also dedicated to those who already run restaurant business and are taking into consideration the idea of adding artisanal gelato in the menu.
Having completed successfully the Basic and Intermediate Gelato course or have an equivalent competence.
(Package "Complete Course for Opening your Artisan Gelato Chain" includes Basic + Intermediate course + How to run your Artisan Gelato Chain)
• What is and why open a gelato chain?
• Models of existing gelato chains
• The operative proposal of Gelato University for the creation of a mini chain of gelato shops:
- The different types of sales points
- Organoleptic evaluation of the mixtures
- The distribution of the mix at the points of sale
- Logistics tools
- The income statement and comparative simulation
• Communication through the design of the store
-Alice Vignoli, Retail Coach of Carpigiani Gelato University
-Luciano Ferrari, Technical Director of Carpigiani Gelato University
-Fabio Buscaglia for INEMA, Operations Management consulting society
-Andrea Bandiera, Gelato Chef and Instructor of Carpigiani Gelato University
-Marco Valerio Agretti, Architect and Retail Specialist
INEMA, consultancy company specialized in operations management
The course lasts 1,5 days. Wednesday from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm, and Thursday from 9.30 am to 2pm.*
• Issued by Carpigiani Gelato University, Certificate of participation is granted for those who attend at least 80% of the course and complete the project work.
* The dates of courses can be modified if it is not reached the minimum number of students required
Save 200 EUR by signing up for the "Complete Course for Opening your Artisan Gelato Chain" package (Basic + Intermediate course + How to run your Artisan Gelato Chain) rather than signing up separately for each course.