When expanding from a single gelato shop to multiple point of sale or when adding gelato to food business, an entreprenur faces important decision making on how to adjust production system and logistics.
Discovers the options and guidance of Carpigiani Gelato University for setting up a central kitchen of fresh artisan gelato mix.
To provide an overview of how to manage the production of fresh artisan gelato in multiple point of sale, with various options to centralize the production with its pros and cons.
Who is it addressed to?
The course is addressed to gelato artisans who has a successful business and would like to expand it by opening more stores.
The workshop is also dedicated to those who already run restaurant business and are taking into consideration the idea of adding artisanal gelato in the menu.
Having completed successfully the Basic and Intermediate Gelato course or have an equivalent competence.
• What is a gelato chain?
• Models of existing gelato chains
• Operation management options for centralized kitchen of fresh artisan gelato mix:
- Distribution of gelato mix vs batch-frozen gelato?
- Distribution of base mix vs flavored mix?
- Distribution of liquid mix or frozen mix?
- Guidelines for maintaining the cold chain and traceability during transportation
• Approach to modelling: Logistics and stock management of central kitchen and each point of sale
• Approach to modelling: Investment and return simulation
Luciano Ferrari, Technical Director of Carpigiani Gelato University
The course lasts 4 hours online.
Issued by Carpigiani Gelato University, Certificate of participation is granted for those who attend at least 80% of the course.