Explore the opportunity of inserting artisan gelato in a restaurant menu, not only as desserts but also as part of main course.
2 days - 16 hours (Theory and Demonstration) form 9.30 to 5.30
• What is gelato? Composition and Production process
• Logistical challenge of gelato in restaurants: serving and conservation
• Water-based Gelato vs. Milk based gelato
• Demonstration: Coffee Sorbet dessert
• Production of stabilized sugar syrup
• Demonstration: Fruit sorbet served on ricotta cheese cream
• Production of white base mix
• Flavouring guidelines: compensation techniques
• Demonstration: Hazelnut gelato with chocolate ganache
• Infusion techniques
• Demonstration: Classic vanilla gelato served in a "fried" version
• Demonstration: Chocolate gelato served on top of fresh fruit
• What is savoury gelato?
• The concept of savoury gelato as part of the main course.
• How to create a harmonious contrasts of temperature, texture and flavor with an element of surprise.
• Use of different types of sugars: Anti-freezing power and sweetening power
• Production of stabilized sugar syrup for savoury gelato
• Production of white base for savoury gelato
• Entrèe demonstration: Cucumber sorbet with smoked salmon
• Entrèe demonstration: Prociutto gelato with a cheese toast
• Main course demonstration: Green peas sorbetto with a warm mozzarella wrapped in speck
• Main course demonstration: Anchovies gelato bruschetta with broccoli and olives
• Main course demonstration: Pecorino cheese gelato with potato bread and spinach
• Digestive demonstration: Herbal digestive gelato with salad and orange zest
Carpigiani Gelato University
via Emilia 45, 40011 Anzola dell'Emilia
To contact us and request for information