Carpigiani do Brasil - Sao Paulo, Pavilhão de sorvetes, stand J-091
After months of selecting, Carpigiani Do Brasil will present at Fispal 2018 (Pavilhao de sorvetes, booth J-091) the 9 best Brazilian gelato artisans who will compete to earn a place at the 2020 Brazilian Final of Gelato Festival World Masters, the world championship involving over 5,000 gelato makers from five continents. The Challenge will take place from the 13th to the 15th of June in Sao Paulo during Fispal 2018, the largest foodservice fair in Latin America.
An exceptional jury will evaluate the competing flavors: Carole Crema, pastry chef and president of the Jury; Luis Felipe Souza, chef at the Evvai restaurant; Marco Renzetti, chef at Osteria del Pettirosso; Saiko Izawa, chef at the Casa do Porco restaurant; Ivan Ralston, chef at the TuJu restaurant; Elisa Fernandes, winner of the first season of Masterchef Brazil.
Find below the list of participants, whose flavors will be evaluated according to four parameters, taste, creativity, structure and presentation:
1. Antonio Carlos Freiria from Sorvetes Finos Vanesa in Ribeirão Preto (SP) with the flavor “Zambayone com Amêndoas”.
2. Andrea Bellucci from Bellucci in Fortaleza (CE) with the flavor Caramello al Fior di Sale dal gusto “Cearense”.
3. Mariana Verçosa from Yogumania Gelateria in Manaus (AM) with the flavor “Cacau selvagem”.
4. Allan Dias from Matteo in Cuiaba (MT) with the flavor “Rapadura com Cachaça”
5. Luan Vinicius Dolenc from Icy in Americana (SP) with the flavor “Bianca Sorpresa”
6. Vinicius Saliba Morasco from Frino in São Carlos (SP) with the flavor “Gabriela”
7. Brenno Floriano from Vapiano in São Paulo with the flavor “Ricota mel de alecrim e pinholi”
8. Marcio Nasciutti from Sorbê Sorvetes Artesanais in Brasilia (DF) with the flavor “Mel do Engenho”
9. Luca Lenzi from Mi Garba in Belo Horizonte (MG) with the flavor “Cantuccini di prato”
The three artisans who will pass the Fispal 2018 Challenge will go on to the 2020 Brazilian Final where they will compete to access the World final of Gelato Festival World Masters 2021 where Brazil will be represented by 2 artisans among the 36 participants coming from all over the world competing for the “World’s best gelato” title.
With the 2018 edition, Gelato Festival - with Carpigiani and Sigep – Italian Exhibition Group as strategic partners - reaches its ninth year of activity, having made its debut in Florence in 2010 inspired by the idea of the first gelato recipe by the versatile architect Bernardo Buontalenti in 1559. Since then the event has expanded its borders first in the rest of Italy, then in Europe and - from 2017 - also in the United States, with a total of 64 festivals made, before embracing the whole planet with the world championship of Gelato Festival World Masters 2021.