For the first time in Italy and in the world, Carpigiani Gelato University, Bologna is offering a Sensory Analysis course dedicated to Artisanal Gelato. Just like sommeliers, coffee and chocolate tasters, participants will learn techniques to distinguish a good artisanal product, pleasant on the palate and well made.
The training lasts 8 hours and was developed together with the Center for Tasting Studies in Brescia to help gelato artisans, chefs, pastry chefs, and foodies understand the science behind gelato tasting, learning how to recognize strengths and weaknesses of the food.
Train Artisanal Gelato tasters
One day, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
• Conditions for tasting gelato
• Phases of sensory analysis of gelato
• Excercise 1: Balancing ingredients
• Technological reasons for the sensory result: ingredients
• Exercise 2: Production
• Technological reasons for the sensory result: production
• Rating test and final exams, theory and hands on
The course is for anybody wanting to know more about sensory analysis of gelato.
Saturday, May 27th
Saturday July 30th
from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
100 EUR - IVA excl.
Gelato Taster certificate from Carpigiani Gelato University together with the specialists of Sensory Analysis: Centro Studi Assaggiatori.
Carpigiani Gelato University, Via Emilia 45, 40011 Anzola dell'Emilia, Bologna, Italy