Do you want to get inspired by the best practices of successful gelato concepts in Italy?
Join the guided tour where you can visit them all in one solution with tasting sessions, laboratory visits and direct dialogue with the chefs!
To provide an overview of successful retail solutions for gelato business in Italy, the home of artisan gelato. To provide a unique experience in the world of artisan gelato, rich in sensory, human and entrepreneurial stimulations.
Whom is it addressed to?
This tour is catered for potential gelato business entrepreneurs who want to make an efficient initial market research. It is also suitable for existing gelato business entrepreneurs looking for new inspirations on product range, laboratory organizations as well as furnishing designs.
Day 1 Bologna: Carpigiani Gelato University headquarters
• "Different retail models of Gelato Business" by Gelato Retail Coach, Alice Vignoli
• "Introduction to sensory analysis of artisan gelato" by a Carpigiani Gelato University instructor
• Guided tour of Carpigiani Gelato Museum
• Visiting the FICO Eataly World: guided tour and group dinner
Day 2 Firenze: The tradition of classic stand-alone gelateria
- Transfer from Bologna to Florence and back by bus
- Visiting 3 – 4 best classic stand-alone gelateria* (tasting, laboratory visits and dialogue with gelato chefs) in the city under the guidance of Gabriele Maggiorelli, a Florentine Carpigiani Gelato University instructor:
• Gelateria Vivoli – One of the oldest gelato shops in the city, successful for more than 3 generations. Has recently expanded in the USA with two shops.
• Gelateria della Passera – Opened by a Carpigiani Gelato University alumni 7 years ago. In a short time, it became an award-winning famous gelato shop attracting locals and tourists from all over the world.
• Gelateria Carraia – A shop along the Arno River that attracts thousands of customers and visitors during the high seasons.
Day 3 Padova: Gelato corner and Gelato Pastries in renowned pastry shops
- Transfer from Bologna to Padova and back, area by bus
- Visiting 2 - 3 famous pastry shops* (tasting, laboratory visits and dialogue with gelato chefs) which incorporate gelato in the summer season and offer gelato pastries throughout the year:
• Pasticceria Marisa – Owned by the family of Lucca Cantarin, the leader of the Italian national team for the World Pastry Cup in 2013 (bronze medal). A unique example of a gelateria for 3 generations which evolved into a high-end pastry. The shop contains also an educational space for consumers and professionals.
• Atelier and Pasticceria Biasetto – Owned by the 1997 World Pastry Cup winner, Luigi Biasetto. An example of a centralized laboratory with a separate shop and an operating e-commerce.
Day 4 Milano: Innovative gelato retail models
- Transfer from Bologna to Milano and back area by bus
- Visiting 2 - 3 point of sales* (tasting, laboratory visits and dialogue with gelato chefs) with a unique business model:
• Naturalmente a Milano – Brand extension of organic marmalade brand Rigoni di Asiago, unique for gelato production and service in a single technological solution.
• Dry - A new concept of mixing traditional ingredients of the Italian food heritage: gourmet pizza, gelato and cocktails.
• Contraste - A Michelin-starred restaurant recognized for its unconventional and unexpected approach to inserting gelato in its menu.
- Recap and farewell at Hotel Amadeus
The tour lasts for 4 days. The approximate departure time from Hotel Amadeus is at 9.00 am and return to the hotel around 7.00 pm every day.
Meals and Accommodations
• The tour price includes 5 nights at Hotel Amadeus including breakfast, as well as lunch solutions for the 4 days of tour.
• Dinner is included only for Day 1.
*selection may vary due to the availability of gelato chefs